Saturday, January 21, 2012

Monster Bash

This is the machine I fell in love with pinball on.   Monster Bash is fast, has tons of shots, is easy to rack a score up on, offers tons of multi-ball options and has a super long replay.....its a great time!   

At City Coast Comics (http://www.coastcitycomics.net/) lie five of portlands fastest and best kept machines.   These include Nightmare on Elm, Elvira, Dr. Who, Six Million Dollar Man (the OG), Batman (RIP) and the lovely machine in which you are reading about.    Amongst other countless reasons why I like this game is the fact that I have not grown tired of it yet.   Yes, maybe some rigs have more lights, crazier play or bells and whistles, but what other machine features Frakenstien, Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Mummy, the WereWolf, Dracula, Bride of Frankenstein and Egor?   None of em. 

Another big draw to playing at City Coast Comics: the guys at City Coast Comics.   Tristan (the owner of the joint) is extreemly knowledgeable and passionate about his pinball - not to mention comics, video games, figures, cards ect....   Tristan does a great job of maintaining the boxes too: most machines in town have defects or issues that are never resolved.....never an issue at CCC.   If I mention an issue with one of Tristan's units, he'll take care of it by the next time I visit.   Also, I appreciate that they are into pinball, because pinball is the bomb.   They keep the replay nice and long so that your money goes a bit further - people leave happy.   Plus, the staff are in to me bringing my kid - huge bonus.    She hangs out and steals goodies out of the quarter to dollar bin while I take my frustrations out on a little silver ball.   Classic.

Soon to come with a brief run-down on other machines.

For a full report on this and other machines go to:  http://pinball.org/rules/monsterbash.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment