Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Indiana Jones!

In my constant search for excitement, i came across the fact that i have not visited Geno's Rock Club here in Portland.    Not only is this place a testament of the will of punk rock, it also has a pretty wicked pinball machine.    Geno's is known to be that spot, the one where men dawned in black smoke their cigarettes between sets, where cash is king and all others head for the door.    I've not seen that many military boots since telling the army recruiter to screw himself.    Guys are sixty, still living out their twenties in a spot like this; i can get down. 
Indiana Jones uses all four films to create a wildly multifaceted game-play that is fast and fun.   I dig this machine! though the price of .75cents is a bit steep for my preference, I was able to extend my two dollars to a total of five games (one replay and one match), making for a quality game-time.   I was really impressed with the different shots of the table - the element of temple of doom came through in a wild ball lock that was challenging but not impossible to get - the five ball lock for the last crusade was pretty ill too, but the game really comes together with the elements of "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."   In order to lock the multiball, one has to shoot the skull target.   the target is attached to a strong magnet that throws the trajectory of the ball way off - way fun.   I kept hitting the target again and again - the cool pitch of the ball was exciting enough, but after hitting it eight times, the magnet stuck hard and the ball was stopped on a dime.   The play-screen went wild with sounds and lights and a depiction of the crystal aliens sweeping everyone away.....and then eight friggin balls came spitting out at me.   I've been playing a lot of pinball lately, but it was the single most exciting moment I've had thus far.    so ill.
the game is great.  awesome play features - great shots, cool elements and figures, easy game-play, relatively long game-play (with an additional center stopper) and the most dynamic sound-board i've heard on a game thus far.   each sound is bright and reminiscent of the movie - straight up thrilling.  

Geno's is great too - the tender was sweet and kind, the guys hanging out where hospitable enough and even cheered me on as I was playing - probably cause i was kicking ass.   plus, it smelled like stale beer and whiskey drinks and sweat.   mmmmmmmmm



No comments:

Post a Comment